Showing Collections: 211 - 222 of 222
Victoria Vaiden Diary and Photographs
This collection dates from 1917 to 1920 and consists of (7) photographic images and a personal diary.
Vincent Persichetti Collection
Virginia Bedford Collection
This collection includes newspaper articles about Ms. Bedford, information about the dedication of the Bedford Art Building, programs and posters related to her life and work, and a few photographs.
Virginia Elizabeth Gates Diplomas
The diplomas in this collection, which date from 1918 and 1938, were awarded to Virginia Elizabeth Gates by State Normal School for Women and State Teachers College respectively.
Walter Grey Dunnington Checkbook
This checkbook, issued by Planters Bank of Farmville, to W.G. Dunnington, Leaf Tobacco, dates from June 1921 to August 1922. The last five used checks in this checkbook were issued by Walter Grey Dunnington, Jr., and were utilized to settle his father’s account after his death in 1922.
Waverly Putney Collection
This collection includes a history of the 38th Engineers Combat Regiment in 5 parts, a roster of the Air Force Escape and Evasion Society, and the WWII memories of Charles Goforth who was a member of the 38th Regiment.
White Family Correspondence
This collection ranges in date from 1844 to 1864 and consists of: a land survey of property in Fluvanna County done in 1844 (2) pieces of correspondence between sisters Lucie and Willie White in 1864, and (1) piece of correspondence from Arnaud Preot[then] President of Farmville Female College to James P. White.
William L. Odom Collection
Included in this collection, which dates from 1967 to 1969, is correspondence, documents, newspaper and magazine clippings, and photographs. The vast majority of these materials relate to the firing of Robert Russa Moton High School teacher T. Burwell Robinson but also include information regarding the Odom's involvement in the Community Action Group Preschool Program and the Prince Edward School Advisory Committee.
Winnie Eubank Student Records and Memorabilia
This collection, which dates from 1932 to 1936, contains student records, training records, a commencement invitation and program for the June 1936 exercises at State Teachers College, a 1936 State Teachers College diploma, and a 1936 Virginian Yearbook that includes a photo of Winnie Eubank inside the front cover. Many of the pages of the yearbook contain inscriptions written to Winnie Eubank by professors and fellow students.
Yearbook Photograph Collection
Collection includes color and black and white photographs, as well as black and white and color negatives.
Young Women's Christian Association Records and Scrapbook Collection
Zilpah Tignor Collection
This collection dates from 1902 to 1913 and consists of an invitation to the graduation exercises for the January class of 1902 at State Female Normal School, letters of recommendation for Zilpah Tignor from her professors, a 1902 Virginian yearbook, and information regarding the Seaside Summer Normal School in Norfolk, Virginia.
- Greenwood Library Archives and Special Collections 198
- Farmville-Prince Edward Historical Society Archives 22
- Moton Museum 2
- Longwood University -- History 15
- Women -- Societies and clubs. 6
- Prince Edward County (Va.) -- History -- 1962-1969. 4
- Prince Edward County (Va.) -- History. 4
- Scrapbooks 4
- Farmville (Va.) 3
- Farmville (Va.) -- History. 3
- Greek letter societies -- Virginia. 3
- Ledgers (account books) 3
- May Day (Labor holiday) -- Virginia -- Farmville. 3
- Prince Edward County (Va.) 3
- Public schools -- Virginia -- Prince Edward County. 3
- Segregation in Education -- Virginia -- Prince Edward County 3
- Art -- Study and teaching -- United States. 2
- Biology -- Study and teaching (Higher) 2
- Commencement ceremonies -- Virginia -- Farmville. 2
- Deeds -- Virginia -- Prince Edward County. 2
- Education -- Study and teaching. 2
- Farmville (Va.) -- Commerce. 2
- Longwood University -- Athletic Association 2 + ∧ less
- English 221
- French 1
- Longwood University 27
- Longwood College 15
- Alpha Sigma Alpha 2
- Athletic Association 2
- Bugg, Charles F. 2
- Kappa Delta Sorority 2
- Longwood University, 2
- Longwood University. Athletic Association 2
- Prince Edward County Free School Association (Va.) 2
- State Teachers College (Farmville, Va.) 2
- Womack, Preston. 2
- Almond, J. Lindsay (James Lindsay), 1898-1986. 1
- Alpha Sigma Alpha Sorority 1
- Anderson, Margaret McNamara. 1
- Andrews Family (Prince Edward County, VA) 1
- Andrews, Barbara 1
- Andrews, Mamie 1
- Anthony, Cora Helen Meeks. 1
- Applebee, Constance M.K. 1
- Baldwin family. 1 + ∧ less